Could I have done that 3 years ago or even 1 year ago?
It's got me thinking. Co-travellers are talking to their loved ones, others are emailing the office (it's 7.30pm on Friday OMG) whilst the older travellers are thinking what the heck is going on around me!
Is all this for the better?
My view - yes and no.
Here's for the Yes:
- We can do more quicker
- We can communicate easier
- We can share thoughts and opinions on matters we previously didn't know existed
- We can find old friends
- We can educate ourselves on almost everything
- We can stay in touch with loved ones
- We can find where things are, what's good and what to avoid
- We can reach people with similar interests
And for the 'No'
- We stare at computers rather than look around us
- We can become 'robotic'
- We may take virtual risks we otherwise wouldn't consider
- Our kids stay indoors more
- We get trapped by online seduction
But in balance I'm for the yes, as long as we also do the traditional things like talk, go out, laugh out loud, hug our family and friends, play sport and sleep well.